Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Membership" has its privleges?

I lost my license a while back. There was a hold on getting a new one because I had an outstanding permit to get a motorcycle license. I had decided to no longer pursue the MC endorsement so I let it lapse. At any rate, I went into the DMV last week to get a new real license (I had been relying on a paper one for ages). According to the signs on the wall, the wait for a new license was 4-6 weeks.

I got to talking to one of the people that was handling my application and I asked if there was a way to get an expedited copy since I need it to take the MPRE in November. Invariably the conversation turned to the law. Apparently he had a safety issue with his new car. As luck would have it I knew a bit about how to help him get the car company to sit up and listen to his complaint. The conversation lasted all of 10 minutes and all I gave him was a few web addresses and some phone numbers. I check my mail on Monday and there is my new regular license.

Coincidence? I wonder. Karma - probably.

-Bzzz

2 comments:

Sansserif said...

So cool...but no giving legal advice, right boss? :-)

Bzzzzz said...

But of course - and usually I even give a disclaimer at the end of any info provided. I'm such a dork.